Monday, December 7, 2009

Challenge entry

I could not be happier with this weeks challenge theme chosen by DeerLola on the European Streetteam. It's been ages since I participated in the European Streetteam challenges. The challenges usually only last a week and sometimes that is just too short to finalize a ceramic project.
This week's challenge was called 'Ode to Anna' aka AnnaRubyKing or LilaRubyKing.
Read more about it on DeerLola's blog:
I've been admiring Anna's work from the first time I saw it and above that, Anna is just a super lovely person all around so it was such a pleasure to make something inspired by her work.

These birds make me smile and even though that they can't sing, they are still called singing birds because each and every one of them is inspired by the 2D birds of AnnaRubyKing.
And I have also made a few to use in a moss terrarium.And I have another idea in mind with these birds but they need some more fine tuning. I might have a new production line in my ceramic factory here! They are available in my Etsy shop.

Woot woot! Thank you so much everyone who casted their vote on the Etsy voter!
My ceramic set has been chosen by the Etsy community as high-end luxury item for the holidays. It has been published in the Storque, Etsy's handmade blog, today. One click on the picture below will bring you right to it! :) I'm thrilled about this - thanks for so much love! :)